Only a few more days left of my baking adventure! Time is flying and Christmas is less than three days away. I can’t wait to open presents and eat all the good food with my family. Work has been awesome. Co-workers have been dropping off sweet treats all week (it’s only Tuesday), and I’m just shoving them in my gob. Happy belly, happy girl. Last night I got home from the gym, scarfed down a quick dinner and baked away. First I premade a dough for something I’m baking tonight… and I tried out a new cupcake recipe! I recently bought dried lavender and wanted to try to play around with it.
They came out well. I’m not going to share the raspberry glaze recipe because they didn’t come out the way I liked, but I will once I perfect the recipe. I’m super happy about the cupcake though. They are soft, moist and crumbly… mmmm….
What you’ll need:
1 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons dried lavender
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
How you’ll do it:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Heat the milk and lavender in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature. About an hour.
3) In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and honey until creamy. I recommend using a stand mixer or handheld. The honey can be stubborn.
4) Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add the vanilla paste and mix well.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
6) Strain the milk to remove the dried lavender.
7) Add the milk and the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating between the two and mixing well after each addition. I did this in three rounds.
8) Don’t overmix. Once everything has been combined, spoon the mixture into a lined muffin pan. Fill each liner about 2/3 the way full.
9) Bake the cupcakes in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes have turned a golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10) Let the cupcakes cool to room temperature and frost with your favorite icing!