Good night — at least here on the east coast. It’s been a great night. This morning, I went into work really early… about 7:00am, so I left around 3:45pm. After work, I stopped by my house, got ready for the gym and headed out the door. Felt weak, but I got my workout in and it felt great.
I just had dinner and now I have something special baking up in the oven. They’re muffins filled with cocoa, pumpkin and hazelnuts and will be topped with a white chocolate glaze. Oh-em-gee. Are you excited? I am, but you probably can’t tell, right. That’s a joke.
For the rest of the night, I’ll be watching Santa Clause 3 on ABC Family and wrapping up presents. You know there’s only 11 days left until Christmas. The days in December are FLYING BY and it needs to slow down.
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, I used the King Arthur brand
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts + more for garnish
For the white chocolate glaze
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
How you’ll do it:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil and sugar until smooth.
3) Add in eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition.
4) Whisk in the almond extract and pumpkin puree.
5) In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and all-purpose flour.
6) Pour the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
7) Add the milk and hazelnuts. Switch to a wooden spoon or rubber spatula and fold all the ingredients together until you get a smooth batter.
8) With two tablespoons, spoon the batter into a lined muffin tin. Fill each insert until 2/3 the way full. Repeat until you run out of batter.
9) Bake the muffins for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10) Let the muffins cool on a wired rack.
11) Heat the cream in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour the cream over the white chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes.
12) After 5 minutes, stir the white chocolate mixture until smooth. Generously spoon the white chocolate glaze over each muffin and top with hazelnuts.
Let the glaze set and enjoy! I’m bringing these to work for my co-workers to enjoy. I’m trying not to indulge in these babies and save myself until Wednesday. We’re going out for pizza for my friend’s birthday. Today was my first day back of eating healthy. It was quite hard, but I made it through. I indulged quite a bit since the American Open, and my goal is to lose 7-10lbs… eventually. Wish me luck!