Happy Tuesday! I feel like it should be Friday. I also feel like it should be my birthday. But in due time. As promised, I’m sharing my perfected recipe for pumpkin coconut cornbread muffins! This can also be made in a well-buttered cast iron skillet, which I’m sure would be equally (if not more) mouthwatering-ly delicious.
Note: These made 18 muffins. As a reference, one muffin is about 115 calories and has about 5.6g of fat, 15.2g of carbs and 1.4g of protein.
Below you’ll see the cornbread muffins paired with my slow cooker pulled beef chili con carne. Recipe to come! 🙂
1/2 cup melted Kerrygold Irish butter
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 cup light coconut milk (canned)
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
How you’ll do it:
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey and coconut sugar until well combined.
3) Whisk in the two eggs into the butter and sugar mixture.
4) Add the pumpkin puree, baking soda, spices and coconut milk into the bowl. Whisk well for about a minute.
5) Add the flour and cornmeal and whisk only until the dry ingredients have been combined. Don’t over mix!
6) Evenly distribute the batter into a lined cupcake tray. I used a small ice cream scoop to measure them out. About one and a half scoops.
7) Bake the muffins in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Let cool for at least 5-10 minutes and enjoy with chili, soup or on their own!