I’m having a fabulous weekend. This morning started off with the heartiest of breakfasts. Egg white, chicken and spinach omelet and pancake topped with white chocolate peanut butter. Then I trained at the Wheelhouse and to my surprise, I’m starting get my strength and confidence back AND I did a semi-rope climb (legless). To finish off my morning, I got a massage from my girl and felt great.
My afternoon consisted of shopping with Sam and we will be doing more shopping tomorrow. I spent more money on food and drink more than clothing today. That’s the way to live! I’ll share my goodies in another post 🙂 So, we had dinner (tilapia), which apparently wasn’t enough for my Sam even though he had a huge portion. He looks at me and says, “I’m craving something sweet. I want a snack. Make me something with Nuts n More cinnamon raisin almond butter.” Naturally I went into the kitchen and whipped him something mouthwatering. He smiled and said, “Oh my god, this is so good. I love you.” Pure heaven. I’m telling you. A way to man’s heart is through his stomach. To him, there’s no greater feeling knowing you did something special for him. They are simple creatures.
Feel free to cut the ingredients. This makes one humongous bowl of oatmeal.
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 cup whole milk
3/4 heaping cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
pinch cinnamon (additional for garnish)
1 heaping tbsp. Nuts n More cinnamon raisin almond butter
1/2 cup rinsed and dried mixed berries, I used blackberries and raspberries
2 tbsp. chopped cashews
How you’ll do it:
1) In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Keep a close eye on the milk. It can bubble over!
2) Reduce heat to medium-low and add oats. Cook the oats with the milk for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until oats are soft and have doubled in size.
3) At this point, stir in white chocolate, cinnamon and salt until the chocolate has completely melted.
4) Turn off heat and transfer oatmeal into a small bowl.
5) Dollop with a large spoonful of almond butter, arrange the berries and cashews in a pretty circle around the bowl and sprinkle cinnamon on top. You can add white chocolate chips to the top for extra sweetness.
6) Serve and enjoy!
Recommendation: To up this up a notch, I would recommend caramelizing the cashews. Just a little butter and sugar in a pan with the cashews. YUM to the O.