If you follow my Instagram, you’ll know two things:
1) I have an incredible sweet tooth. It’s a gift, really.
2) I made a simple, healthy banana bread recipe over the weekend. And it requires no sugar! No, I’m serious. No sweeter either. None of that splenda or truvia shit. Just plain ol’ sweetness from the bananas.
Being in the 53kg weight class is tough. For all of you unfamiliar with the metric system, that’s 116.6lbs. I’ve been sitting around 124-125 lbs in 2015 with my highest being at 130 lbs back in January… YIKES. With all the struggles and stress of dieting and such, I started a new diet last week and it’s going decently well, I think. Anyway, the point is… I had cravings over the weekend and I’m trying to make weight for my next meet — May 16. So here’s the banana bread! It literally takes 5 minutes to put together.
Makes 4 servings: 111 cals/19g carbs/2.8g fat/3.5g protein
266g bananas (about two medium bananas), mashed
1 free-range egg
28g coconut flour
1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
How you’ll do it:
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients (mashed bananas, egg).
3) Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients (coconut flour, coconut flakes, cinnamon, salt).
4) Once ingredients are completely combined, pour the batter into a small baking dish lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake for 30 minutes.
6) Let cool for at least 10-20 minutes.
7) Cut into quarters and enjoy! 🙂