It’s officially fall and I’m not sure if that excites me or saddens me. I am excited that it’s pumpkin and candle season but I’m sad because it’s starting to get a little brisk out and I’m not ready to break out my winter coat yet.
In celebration of fall and all of its wonders, I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but kept them paleo style because I need to cut weight for the week… wah. But that’s my last meet for like a month and then it’s going DOWN.
3/4 cup of pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup softened coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
4 heaping tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/4 cup crushed pistachios
How you’ll do it:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except chocolate chips and pistachios. Mix well.
3) Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag or Ziplock bag and snip the corner off. You can also just spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in heap tablespoon sizes. I used a cookie press that I had on hand. Spoon or pipe into dollops until there is no more batter left.
4) Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips and pistachios on each cookie.
5) Bake the cookies for about 20-25 minutes or until the cookie has formed a nice crust on top.
6) Let cool for about 1 hour before serving. Tastes even better if it’s been in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.