So we had a quick dinner last night. I was so tired from the week and really had no energy in me to do anything. So I made some quick curry chicken and wrapped them in some fresh butter lettuce. Here we go!
2 tbsp of coconut oil
2 lbs ground chicken
2 cups of broccoli, roughly chopped
3/4 cup of frozen peas
1 medium white onionm halved and sliced
1/2 cup of tomatoes, diced (you can use any kind, I used yellow cherry)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp ginger, minced
bunch of cilantro, you choice of how much, chopped
1 Thai chili, minced
about 1 cup of water
2 tbsp cumin
1 1/2 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp red chili powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
How you’ll do it:
1) Heat large skillet on medium high. Once the skillet has been heated, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and the chicken. Add salt and pepper to season. Brown until all the meat has been evenly cooked. Drain the juices and set the chicken to a side.
2) In the same pan on the same heat, heat the rest of the coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent then add garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Cook the mixture until the tomatoes have broken down then add the spices, chili, and salt and pepper to taste. Coat the mixture evenly. It should look like a pasty mess. This is when you add about 3/4 cup of water.
3) Let the water reduce. If it’s too dry then add the rest of the water. The consistency should be thick and creamy. At this stage, add the chicken and reduce heat to medium low.
4) After about 5 minutes, add the broccoli and cook until the broccoli is a vibrant green and tender but still has a crunch to it. This should take about 3-5 minutes. Then add the frozen peas. This will take about a minute to cook.
5) Stir in about 3/4 of the cilantro, then plate and garnish with the rest of the cilantro.
6) Serve with butter lettuce and squeeze of lime. ENJOY!
You know what else would pair wonderfully with these? Some picked carrots for that extra crunch. If I thought of this earlier this week, I would have prepared them, but I just didn’t have the time. Next time!!
I ended my night with my lovely chocolate, sweet potato whoopie pies filled with banana. Holy cow. Where has this been all my life?! Recipe coming soon! 🙂