Ah, chicken. Chicken is probably the best protein out there. It’s lean, packed with protein and it tastes delicious any way you cook it — especially when you take such a learn protein and slab a shit ton of fat on it. That’s my favorite kind. This is an easy recipe and you barely have to do a thing, so let’s get to it!
1 young chicken
1 small white onion, quartered
3 cloves garlic, skin kept on
handful of sage leaves, 4 kept to a side
7 strips of bacon
salt and pepper
How you’ll do it:
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) Season the chicken with minimal salt and pepper. You don’t want to be too generous with the salt. The bacon already has a lot of sodium, so don’t overdo it.
3) Place the onion, garlic, sage leaves in the cavity of the little babe and tie the legs with twine. Make sure her legs are shut to trap all that juicy flavor in — this is starting to sound gross.
4) Put ‘er in on a metal rack on top of baking dish to let the fat drip and delicately place the bacon on top of the chicken like this —->
5) Place the 4 sage leaves on top of the bacon.
6) Put the sucker in the over and cook for about an hour and 40 minutes.
7) For the remaining time, crank the heat up to 400F and cook until the bacon is nice and crispy. Make sure the chicken is cooked internally at 165F.
8) Take her our and let her rest for about 10-15 minutes.
9) Serve and enjoy!
Now for the chicken and bacon fat that has collected at the bottom of the baking dish… You can use a little of that with chicken stock and make a nice creamy gravy.. or you can do what I did and toss it… cause well, I didn’t need any of that!